Machelen, Redevelopment Woluwelaan (R22) and complex R0/E19/R22 phase 1
Numerous infrastructure projects are planned for the coming years in the Machelen region. They will be carried out by various investors:
- The Agency for Roads and Traffic: redevelopment of the Woluwelaan traffic intersection;
- Eandis: construction of new utility lines;
- FARYS in cooperation with the Municipality of Machelen: construction of a new road surface, footpaths and cycle paths, drainage of local roads in Machelen;
- Regie der Gebouwen (Buildings Agency): access to the future Haren prison;
- Uplace: access to the future shopping and leisure project Uplace.
‘Werken Woluwelaan’ (Woluwelaan Works) is ensuring the efficient cooperation and coordinated approach between the various partners. For example, disruption to traffic and the surrounding area will be restricted as far as possible.
BuilderVlaamse Overheid, Agentschap Wegen en Verkeer Vlaams-Brabant
Commencement of work03/08/2015
End of work02/08/2017